Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Title = true to its word

The latest and greatest from the newsroom on Miskin Street:

1. Out with the old, in with the new
2. More Farewells than Nellie Melba
3. Steak Night. a chapter on Steak.

Just a quick post this morning as I launch into the heavy slog of my Crim law assignment..

OUT WITH THE OLD...

My flatmate, long time friend and 'lost soul', Max, has finally run out of money. claiming that the world hates him and he can't get a job because everyone is against him (and me offering to help him and encouraging him to apply for jobs in the paper & jobs "wasn't helping his situation"). He has given me a generous two weeks notice before he will fail to pay rent. which is heaps of time to shuffle him out, find someone new, change names on leases etc without me having to cover in excess of $500 p/fortnight in the meantime. p.s. i don't earn enough to pay that and eat. let alone pay bills, eat food, transport...

Enough of the bitching. I got screwed over. Screwed over bad. The cyclone was starting to rip apart my happy little dwelling

However, I saw signs of luck for the first time in a little while. Meet Scott Lewis (soon to be pictured), my new flatmate, Max's friend, all round good guy. i am saved. Of course there will be things i'll miss about Max... the microwave, for example.

More Farewells...

Quick news update on my grandmother. It seems she is fighting back yet again, and is making a steady recovery from the following:
2 simultaneous infections of the blood
necrotic organ tissue
acute renal failure
a "dodgy" liver (dont' ask how)
pancreatitis
a 'fungus' transported through the blood cells
liquid in her lungs
she's also had to have a tracheotomy, 3 or 4 operations (i forget)
she will now be on insulin, dialysis and over 12 pills daily for the rest of her life.

The woman is hanging on for a reason, and has had more farewells than Nellie Melba, more combacks than John Farnham. but why???

STEAK NIGHT
crap i have run out of internet time.. maybe another time.
STEAK IS $8.00 from the RE on tuesdays. my new dilemma: const lecture, or juicy steak?

No comments: