Friday, April 27, 2007

The War Is On

Dear reader[s],

My psychopathic chiropractor (see weblink on panel, right) has outdone himself.

I left on time (if not a little early) today, realised I had forgotten my cds and had to go back and get them. And there he was, my seat not yet cold, helping himself to my food. Food which i had specially labelled 'Janelle, these are for you - Hayley'. He looked up in the middle of a mouthful and said 'these aren't yours are they?' with the post it note still attached to the lid!
I am super annoyed, but just say, 'well, yes they are sort of mine' and leave.

Caught in the act, I was under the impression he would stop there. But no, he went and ate all but exactly 12 almonds (out of a tupperware container filled with almonds). No apology, nothing. If anything he was more of a prick that afternoon than usual, asking me to do unusual, yukky jobs. Cruel and unusual torture was how i used to punish people when I was a crew trainer back in the DARK AGES at maccas. What's he punishing me for? Catching him? #*EXTREME AGITATION*#.

If he chooses to steal my food, I will choose to serve him the foulest, bitterest decaf I can find. AND my housemates [bar max] will reap the benefits of an extra couple of complimentary packaged arnotts biscuits in asshole tax. In essence: The War Is On.

This is different from his usual method of being annoying. I admit I'm not perfect and I sometimes make irritating mistakes. I apologise to the gods of karma* for this. However, I do not appreciate being subjected to the intimidation technique that was practised on me so much during my time in the gulf [read: prawn trawler skipper BIG Al]. This type of technique is where your duties are spelled out to you, but when the intimidator feels like pissing you off he will ask you why you haven't done a duty which was not explicitly expected of you as per the beginning. Then you will get in trouble for not doing a job which you weren't expected to do - for the record, protesting that you a) weren't aware it was part of your duties b) suggesting it may not be included in your list of duties (a very unwise suggestion) or c) [other - I'm sure Scott could think of something] will not help your case. It will worsen it.
So you not only get an expanded list of duties, you get in trouble for being slack rather than being asked nicely to do it etc.

Its a fantastic way to bring bad feeling and breed hatred.

Maybe its just me who thinks this, but if a boss had any interest in keeping his employees/wanting them to be effective/not wishing to have their stationery nicked/not wishing to be undermined in some other way, should aim to keep a congenial relationship (or at least not go out of their way to make a negative one) with their employees.

Well, I'm slightly less frustrated... but this post will probably not make sense in retrospect due to my usual multi-tasking of blog post + scott monologue-keeping-up-ness.

FINALLY:
Scott's 'thoughts for the day':

- the workings of 'cloud seeding'
- how when we run out of water we will need to flush out the dirty pipes
- how rust can stain grass
- how a zero-G plane works
- 1 x debate on the title of Steve Hawking's seminal work
- how dry ice is made
- why our showerhead is so good and so environmentally bad
- how very awesome the fishtank in toowong shopping centre is

It all seems random until you take into account what Scott is watching
TV stimulus for Friday, 27th April 2007 - ABC, the 7:30 report where *amazingly* there happens to be an environment conservation special...

Life goes on in its wonderful, turbulent, bizarre, horrible, beautiful, awkward, breathless, euphoric, over-tired and chaotic ways.

Goodnight,
and sleep well

*interesting statement if ever there was one... esp considering usually those who believe in gods don't usually believe in karma and v-versa... will leave for now**

**mental note to self to consider editing later

No comments: